7.1.08

Tag, I'm It!

This morning I awoke to find I'd been tagged by Anthony at ...an endless banquet. I thank him for choosing me and thereby forcing me to post--clearly a task I've been much neglecting. Here are the rules:

  1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.

  2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.

  3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.

  4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


This is really random.

1. In 2007 I had the honour of having my first recipe in print in a real live book. In addition to I don't actually have a copy myself yet, but the book is called Lost in the Supermarket: The Indie Rock Cookbook. The recipe is for millionaire's shortbread.

2. For my birthday last year I received a really beautiful gift from a junkshop in Portland, OR. It was an old panorama egg made in Czechoslovakia. A panorama egg is a hollow eggs made from sugar and decorated with royal icing, featuring a little scene inside. They were generally made as Easter gifts for children but are rarely seen these days. This December I decided to revive the art and made my own.

panorama egg

3. My late grandfather swore that we hailed from Ingria. I assume this is true.

4. I was a german hairdye model.*

german hairdye prop

5. Once, working for one of France's foremost pastry chefs, I accidentally weighed salt instead of sugar for his ice cream recipe. Needless to say, he didn't ask me to come work for him in Paris.

6. In December, I had the longtime dream fulfilled of visiting Tubby Dog in Calgary, Alberta. I regret to inform you I did not possess the courage to try the hot dog with peanut butter, jam, and Captain Crunch, but I did have a really good one featuring mustard, relish, sauerkraut, banana peppers and nacho cheese.

even messier than it looks

7. I made the worst Lady Baltimore Cake in the world this summer, and I didn't have the heart to post about it. The post remains half-finished.

Okay. On to the next suckers. Except I don't know seven blogs at all. Four will have to suffice.

  1. Diamonds

  2. Sic Transit

  3. Steph in Paris...

  4. Ghost Pine Fanzine


*For a tv show prop.

No comments: